The end of the year is a time to reflect upon the past year, and look forward to opportunities in the new year. And it is also a time to say thank you.
We would like to thank you for being a part of the IBS Patient Support Group and for the many hours you have put into spending time with our community.
Some of the transformational highlights of 2019:
- Launched World IBS Day on April 19th to raise worldwide awareness about Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Launched IBS Chat Podcasts with conversations with Patients, GI Researchers and Healthcare Providers on topics which are geared towards an IBS sufferer
- Attended Digestive Disease Week 2019 in San Diego as a recipient of a Patient Influencer Award
- Attended the Freston Conference: Food at the Intersection of Gut Health and Disease about the management and treatment of GI sensitivities and disorders through nutrition in Chicago
- Co-developed #TuesdayNightIBS on Twitter with Johannah Ruddy, Rome Foundation Executive Director where we have weekly tips, polls & patient advocacy & engagement for patients & clinicians. It starts at 5pm ET every Tuesday evening
- Provided testimony at the US FDA about two medications for constipation / IBS-C that were launched on the market during 2019, Motegrity and Zelnorm. Additionally, Ibsrela and IB-Stim, the first medical device for pain with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- We wrote about Improving Your Health Through Participation in Clinical Trials and added several important clinical trials which you might consider.
- Grew the IBS Patient Support Group community on our website and Facebook by 25%
May the New Year bring you joy, good health, and a happy community.
Have a great start in 2020!
Jeffrey D. Roberts, MSEd, BSc
Founder, IBS Patient Support Group
Last updated on