Advertisement
tush

FMT done, how long it takes to see results

tush

Hey Guys,

I have IBS C/D from many years. Last week, I did FMT with help of a friend at home ( 8 sessions). Its been 3 days and I dont see any changes in my IBS. How long does it take to see any positive results. 

Regards

Advertisement
Jeffrey Roberts

It's certainly not recommended to make this a DIY project and I certainly don't recommend others try this. If you start to develop a fever or have very bad D, then I suggest you see a doctor.

That being said, in some studies I have read it can take up to a week to see any difference; however, FMT research studies with IBS in general have been very inconclusive, so you may not feel any difference.

blowfish

Hi tush, my understanding is if it works, you would see the result immediately.

Jeffrey Roberts

There is no clinical data to suggest that FMT works at all in IBS patients. If it does work, it may or may not be as a result of the FMT or perhaps the preparation that you did around FMT.

Rigorous clinical testing is really the only way to determine if FMT is an effective treatment option.