Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Has anyone had a worsening of their symptoms after a colonoscopy and endoscopy? It has been 3 days and I have had awful heartburn, acid stomach, bloating and a general feeling of malaise.  I've been eating lightly.  I've been on omeprazole and have been taking it daily.  I've even supplemented with Pepcid.  I thought I was feeling a bit better yesterday but then last night I was up a few times with an upset stomach.  I also have fibromyalgia.  No BM yet.  No polyps were found, but the doc did biopsies of my colon, esophagus and stomach.  I don't have the results yet.

Advertisement

Jeffrey Roberts

Colonoscopy stirs up my IBS symptoms quite a bit. It takes me at least 7 days to feel more "normal". I don't have as much experience with an upper endoscopy and how long it takes to recover.

If in doubt, you can always call the doctor/clinic where you had it done and tell them your symptoms. Never hurts to check.

Jeffrey Roberts

It affects me especially in my gut where I have a lot of looser stools, pain and bloating. It's more like a flare.

Do you mean flu as in inflenza or "stomach" flu with nausea, vomiting and D? That's not how I would describe how I feel.

No nausea or vomiting, just general malaise, a flare up of my aches and pains, headache.  No BM yet and the colonoscopy was Monday.  Lots of rumblings and a little gas.  Bad heartburn and acid stomach.