Advertisement

Advertisement

Google-Motegrity™ (prucalopride), the Only Serotonin-4 Receptor Agonist for Adults with Chronic Idiopathic Constipation (CIC), is Now Available in the United States - PRNewswire

Advertisement
Motegrity™ (prucalopride), the Only Serotonin-4 Receptor Agonist for Adults with Chronic Idiopathic Constipation (CIC), is Now Available in the United States  PRNewswire

LEXINGTON, Mass., April 2, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc., ("Takeda") today announced that Motegrity™ (prucalopride), ...

View the full article

Advertisement

I'm really glad we are finally getting some more medications for chronic C that work in different ways than the secretatogues.  Later on this year Tenapanor should get FDA approval so that's three new drugs within 1 year (the other two being Motegrity and Zelnorm).

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I tried that a few months ago but it didn't work well for me. Yes, I did go to the bathroom and felt like emptying my bowels more, that wasn't an issue, but it just made my breath awful. And I had constant bowel sounds, plus halitosis I really rather be constipated. Don't know why this happens. I'm on my way to try paroxetine (SSRI) and later lubiprostone (amitzia) now, will tell my experience.

• Like 1