Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Roostertails12

My story.

Roostertails12

I’ll try to make this short,  started with acid reflux in 2003 i was 19 and was dipping a can every 2 days till I was 29. I stopped due to my brother getting diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and passed away at 34.  I am  34 as of today . His passing started to make me hyper aware of my own symptoms other than acid reflux.. I have always had a mild urgency of bowel movements for years didn’t really know what was going on. , there was never any blood so I dismissed it . I was taking a ppi in the morning for years and then started to get breakthrough symptoms . This was in 2014 so I started taking 2 one in the morning one in the evening . Brother passes in 2015 and I go into full hypochondriac mode worrying about every pain I endure ...so I start to get physicals done , blood work done and full abdominal ultrasounds done. Everything coming back normal .  I finally get referred to a gastro in 2017 and have an endoscopy done and changes my meds because the ppi I had been using was causing me pain everywhere . Changing worked for about a month and then pain came back and would have to switch again ..... after the endoscopy I was Basically was told that there is a lot of reflux , stomach inflammation and well as Esophageal inflammation . Biopsies done on throat , stomach and upper bowel . All came back with non cancerous and no pre cancerous conditions . About a year later i see my gi again because of severe alternating bouts with d and c and the feeling of a golf ball in my rectum he says ibs .... He tells me fiber is the answer. Fiber slightly worked . Kept everything solid for the most part. He told me the conjunction of the 2  diseases  Is really hard to manage and will take time .... now I have ever changing symptoms . Sharp pain , dull pain upper , lower, mid , in my back sometimes.  Also had a weird bout with yellow Diarrhea a while back about 3 weeks ago for about 3 days.  I feel like I have constant trapped wind and my abdomen is always very tight very smelly frequent gas at times. .... eating actually feels ok ... discomfort happens about 3-4hours later but never fully goes away . This is new been happening for a few weeks now . Feels like muscle cramps  but not spastic .  Had full blood work done about a month ago everything metabolic turned out good , I’m active and train 5 times a week . And that’s really the only time I feel normal .  Sorry for the long story . I’m sure I missed something .only thing else I can add is y latest ultrasound was last November and everything was normal won’t have more blood work done till November.  Any input or questions are welcome.. thank you 

Advertisement
Cathy1952chapman

I have had Ibs-d for over 40 years! Lol, what can I say it has been a thorn in my side! I am a fighter, I do what I have to do at the time, it is really messy,lol. I finally accepted I am almost house bound but, I made a great life at home. Thank u God! The Drs. thru years of testing and trying different meds, finally came up with the dx. Of stress and had my gall bladder removed! I had to learn not to stress the small stuff or the big stuff! For a long time when I was young I thought I was going to die from it! Now lol I go with the flow! U can’t have many friends with this!  I don’t need many friends with this, they just stress me out. I do great to be in this condition! Thanks to God, for He will never leave me! I pray u get better!

Marie

Are you still suffering from these symptoms?  I had the exact same ones (the "golf ball" description is perfect - that one disappeared after I did a colonoscopy and everything was fine).  The upper stomach thing ,sometimes gnawing into the back can drive me to distraction.  It is so constant and so present that it makes me worry.  I hate going to the doctors, and I have had 2 gastroscopies in the last 10 years because of similar symptoms (which, after months of setting up house in my gut eventually recede).