Tenesmus ruined my life...

bulba1000

I am so pleased to find that other people suffer with Tenesmus. I was diagnosed with IBS at the beginning of 2019. But went on the suffer a depressive episode, never had a promised re-call and didn't bother because of the break-down. No particular reason for depression but it does run in the family. I am OK now, but this Tenesmus seems to be more of a problem since then. And I get really fed up with it, pleased I am not the only one! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've read some people with tenesmus have had some success with Gabapentin. Anyone else try this? A few have used valium suppositories but that's hard to get.  Honestly there are very few answers to this, even my doctor who is my best friend and who had this symptom says nobody has solutions. Some people in the pelvic floor groups have decided to get a colostomy.  One surgeon suggested this to me. It's a nightmare and in my case it's not getting better.

Jeffrey Roberts

I posted earlier that if my tenesmus is really bad I use either 5-ASA suppositories or a corticosteroid rectal foam. It takes a few days, but that works for me. These are often used by Ulcerative Colitis patients.

I've used 5-ASA enema didn't do much. My doc gave me steroid enema will try and see what happens. I'm at the end of the line. 

• Like 1