Advertisement
kmarsdenjohnson

New to this Site

kmarsdenjohnson

Hello.  I have been suffering from IBS manifested mostly by flatulence for about 30 years.  Then about 15 years ago I had a colon resection for a rectal prolapse, and it's much worse. Even when I have the urge to move my bowels the entire room knows.  It has caused me great depression and low self esteem.  I avoid social situations, and even going to work or volunteering is an occasion for humiliation.  At my main job working at an inhouse advertising agency for a major pharmaceutical company, I was verbally ridiculed.  Fortunately, we later had a client that generated tests for digestive diseases, which educated my co-workers.  But then we lost that client, and those particular employees moved on, and a new, younger group of employees joined the agency, and it was the same embarrassment all over again.  

I am now 65 and volunteering to fill my days after the recent loss of my beloved husband of 43 years.  I am trying to decide which I need more -- to be occupied at a worthwhile activity or to free myself from more embarrassment and just stay at home.  

Thank you for allowing me to share.  I greatly appreciate it.  

Advertisement
Jeffrey Roberts

I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband and the embarrassment that you encountered at your career.

Thank you for sharing.

kmarsdenjohnson

Thank you.