Advertisement

Advertisement

fresca66

Anyone have the feeling of snakes writhing around in intestines? The pain feels like a hot brick in the pit of my stomach. I’m new to being diagnosed but have lived with symptoms for a long time not knowing it’s IBS related. Besides gas, bloating and pain, everyone has always kidded me about using the bathroom quite a bit in one day. The gnawing pain though with flare ups is exhausting. Doesn’t matter what I eat. I have constipation more than diarrhea I’d say about 70 % of the time. 

Advertisement

Advertisement
Jeffrey Roberts

I think I know that feeling and I do get it when I have not had a BM in a few days or I'm passing tiny little stools which usually indicate that I'm constipated. For me, I eat more fibre, drink caffeinated beverages and eat chocolate to get my bowels moving and clear myself out. Unfortunately, the cycle starts all over again. :(

RipperJack

I’ve had this feeling already that sounds similar, or at least, some of it. Like you, I often get symptoms no matter what I eat (currently recovering from abdominal surgery [appendicitis and ventral hernia]), making everyday living that much more complicated. Unfortunately, I don’t have a solution, as I’m still learning about my gastric issues, but you’re definitely not alone. 

fresca66

Thanks for the replies. Glad to know I’m not alone. 
I’ve read that IBS is likely triggered by brain/intestine nerves. When my dad passed away a little over a year ago, I landed in the ER with severe stomach pain. They did all kinds of tests and found nothing. I take an anti anxiety medication which has helped with the intense pain side but the symptoms are still there and I struggle everyday with my loopy intestines and bathroom problems. 😬

bungeedog

I also know it well.  When I went on Resolor/Motegrity it did nothing to help my motility but it eliminated that pain completely. As does Zelnorm which helped my motility. A nonfunctioning gut really makes people suffer...