Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Jeffrey Roberts

What type of IBS do you have?

What type of IBS do you have?   104 members have voted

1. 1. Which type?

• IBS-D = Diarrhea predominant IBS
    • IBS-C = Constipation predominant IBS
    • IBS-M = Mixed Diarrhea / Constipation IBS
    • IBS-PI = Post Infectious IBS
    • PDV-IBS = Post Diverticulitis IBS

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

None of them. No Pain at all. Waking at 4 am to defecate, but usually can't. Incomplete evacuation. Serious depression and anxiety. Stools may be hard balls, but no excessive constipation and absolutely NO diarrhea. Just frequency beyond belief.

So, there is no vote that matches my symptoms.

I have constipation and sometimes followed by frequent loose bowels with debilitating pains in the my stomach.  I am so desperate and will try anything at this point.  What has helped you with this?  I have tried many natural remedies but they help only for a short time.  I hate to take the Prozac my doctor recommended unless nothing else helps I will resort to that.  

My day starts off in the morning with 2-3 trips to the toilet upon waking up. I often experience really bad stomach cramps throughout the day. I have to carry anti-diarrhea pills with me in my bag at work. This is a product of horrible conditions I experienced in Saudi Arabia in 1990-91, where we had field built out houses (Nicely put) & horrible fly problem. When the flies get to our waste & then get in our food & faces when we were sleep. As I get older my condition has gotten worse. If I eat a food that gives me "Firearreah!!!!!!!," I no longer eat it. Any ideas or how to manage this? Ive asked the VA for something to help my problem for years & I was told to buy over the counter products.