Advertisement

Advertisement

Over 100 Suppositories In 2-3 Days

Tumbleweed0523

Tumbleweed0523

Advertisement

Hi. I’m new here and desperate for answers. My constipation started about 7 months ago. In the last 3 months however, it has got much worse. I cannot have a BM without taking suppositories and enemas. It wasn’t this bad before, but now the pain gets so severe at times that I can’t leave my home. I  will go through a container of 100 suppositories in 3-4 days. I have to take 2 at a time and even then I only go a little bit at a time. It’s exhausting. Some mornings I wake up and immediately have to vomit because I am so full of stool. I have walked my dog 1 mile daily up until 5-6 days ago. The pain isn’t localized to my abdomen. The pain is also severe in my rectum. I know this is gross but last night was the final straw. I haven’t had a BM in 7 days. My average time on the toilet is 3-4 hours daily. Last night the BM became lodged in my rectum and even the Fleet and mineral oil suppositories would not work. I am desperate for answers. I’ve been to the after hour clinic twice. They did x-rays and I was told I have a “brick-like stool” in my gut and was told to go home and take an enema. My PCP has prescribed 3 different liquid medications but I either throw it up or it doesn’t work. My dr even suggested I drink calcium citrate I think it is, the stuff people drink before having a colonoscopy. The first time I took it I ended up projectile vomiting. The 2nd time it had no effect. I really need some help. I have an appt with a Gastroenterologist but can’t get in for another 6 weeks. The ER by me is almost full of Covid patients. I’m at a loss and frankly, I’m scared. My grandma just had emergency surgery for a GI block and now has a permanent colostomy. I have many of her same symptoms. 

I forgot to say that I started taking Miralax 1 week ago. As of 2 days ago I hadn’t seen a difference at all but wanted to stay with it because my grandma (the one who has recent colostomy), told me it gave her relief. So last night when I thought I would die, I put 3 scoops(30ml each) in my water, praying it would work. Then again this am I took another 2 scoops and around 3:00pm I took 2 more. The regular recommended dose is 1-2 scoops(30ml) daily. I know I took way too much but I FINALLY had a BM! The first part of it was all liquid, then it became more and more hard again. But at least I finally went and that extreme pressure/pain in my rectum has went away. 

Advertisement
  • Like 1
Jeffrey Roberts

I'm so sorry to read about your situation. It sounds miserable. I have heard similar stories so you are not alone.

I was going to suggest an osmotic laxative like miraLAX and to double the dosage for 3 days to clear yourself out. I'm so glad it worked.

You will benefit from an appt with a gastroenterlogist as there are several medications that might get you to be more regular. If you can't wait you can ask your family doctor to try you on Linzess or Motegrity.

• 1 month later...
Constipated guy13
On 11/16/2020 at 5:23 PM, Tumbleweed0523 said:

Advertisement

Hi. I’m new here and desperate for answers. My constipation started about 7 months ago. In the last 3 months however, it has got much worse. I cannot have a BM without taking suppositories and enemas. It wasn’t this bad before, but now the pain gets so severe at times that I can’t leave my home. I  will go through a container of 100 suppositories in 3-4 days. I have to take 2 at a time and even then I only go a little bit at a time. It’s exhausting. Some mornings I wake up and immediately have to vomit because I am so full of stool. I have walked my dog 1 mile daily up until 5-6 days ago. The pain isn’t localized to my abdomen. The pain is also severe in my rectum. I know this is gross but last night was the final straw. I haven’t had a BM in 7 days. My average time on the toilet is 3-4 hours daily. Last night the BM became lodged in my rectum and even the Fleet and mineral oil suppositories would not work. I am desperate for answers. I’ve been to the after hour clinic twice. They did x-rays and I was told I have a “brick-like stool” in my gut and was told to go home and take an enema. My PCP has prescribed 3 different liquid medications but I either throw it up or it doesn’t work. My dr even suggested I drink calcium citrate I think it is, the stuff people drink before having a colonoscopy. The first time I took it I ended up projectile vomiting. The 2nd time it had no effect. I really need some help. I have an appt with a Gastroenterologist but can’t get in for another 6 weeks. The ER by me is almost full of Covid patients. I’m at a loss and frankly, I’m scared. My grandma just had emergency surgery for a GI block and now has a permanent colostomy. I have many of her same symptoms. 

I forgot to say that I started taking Miralax 1 week ago. As of 2 days ago I hadn’t seen a difference at all but wanted to stay with it because my grandma (the one who has recent colostomy), told me it gave her relief. So last night when I thought I would die, I put 3 scoops(30ml each) in my water, praying it would work. Then again this am I took another 2 scoops and around 3:00pm I took 2 more. The regular recommended dose is 1-2 scoops(30ml) daily. I know I took way too much but I FINALLY had a BM! The first part of it was all liquid, then it became more and more hard again. But at least I finally went and that extreme pressure/pain in my rectum has went away. 

Advertisement

Yep I'm same way,I can't have a BM without an enema