Advertisement

Advertisement

How I permanently got rid of my ibs

Advertisement

I have been meaning to post this for a while now. I was suffering with stomach issues for so many years. Whenever  I would eat anything, I would get stomach pain, nausea, cramping, heartburn. I went from dr to dr and all they did was give me increase dosages of antacids. I was taking high dosages of Nexium which made me so forgetful that i couldn't remember my ss number and I was in my 30's. They thought that it could have been my gall bladder and I got it removed with little relief. I had so many tests done.   I started a paleo diet and it gave me some great relief with occasional flare-ups. I no longer follow the paleo diet anymore. What totally relieved ALL SYMPTOMS  was Intermittant fasting while taking DGL (coats stomach lining), Lglutamine to heal the gut, probiotics and digestive enzymes.  Intermittent fasting allows my stomach to heal daily. It helps me to give my digestive system a rest so that energy can be used for healing instead of constantly digesting food. I eat from 2-8pm. I started 12-8pm until by body got use to it. Now it is such a natural lifestyle for me  and I don't see myself ever stopping because I feel great and  I just stopped eating breakfast. I also adopted a vegetarian diet but I don't believe that it is necessary. 

I have been practicing intermittent fasting for the last 8 months and I feel like a million bucks. Intermittant fasting has many other benefits that you can look up online and on YouTube. 

I hope that this help someone out there. 

Advertisement

@salee881 Thank you. Your post has given me some hope. It's good to hear you are better. Wow!

I do some intermittent fasting to a lesser extent. But I always did. I don't eat from about 9pm (when I have an evening snack) until usually midday the next day.  Then I go six or seven hours (quite happily) until dinner.

So far it hasn't changed things for me, but I agree it's good to give the gut chance to rest sometimes. I am mainly vegetarian too, but that has become hard for me as many favourite veggie foods rush through my gut way too fast. Too much fibre for me to manage nowadays, esp. in a flare. Fruit and veg (sadly) I have to be careful with unless I am going through a good phase. I have to eat fish as well as eggs.

• 2 weeks later...

Great to hear you've healed your gut.  Was wondering which brands of probiotics and digestive enzymes you're using? I've tried so many and sometimes not sure if they're doing any good.

I'm sure I should be taking lipase. My nutritionist said consume no more than 10 gms of fat per meal.  If I eat for e.g. 1/4 of avocado, that's way too much.  If I take GLA supplement like black

current oil, then I don't add any olive oil to my salad.  I've begun to write down all that I consume in order to determine what's causing the flare-ups.

good luck with your self-healing!

• 2 months later...
onearmedman

thanks for this... i just started intermittent fasting and hope it will work for me. I have been dealing with these issues for a while and I know theres a strict diet like no bread, no processed foods, sugar and such but that's basically everything that tastes good.

• 2 weeks later...
eleanorkarslake

How long did it take for intermittent fasting to improve things, I have been doing it for about 10 days and it seems my symptoms are getting worse, I don't know whether to persevere?

Florida_Lady_JAX

I have always intermittently fasted. Been a pretty health eater (not a vegetarian.) Right now I am having a brutal GI attack.  Laying in bed as I type looking for others advice.  CT of abdomen was completely negative.  Upper GI was perfect (both in the last month).  My GI attacks of severe left sided upper abdominal pain, nausea and loose diarrhea are happening about once a month.  I can't work hardly it hurts so bad for about 36 hours and then boom out of the blue I feel great, get back to life and forget about it until it hits me like it did about 8pm last night. I'm 50 years old, 5'8" and weigh about 135 pounds.  This has just been happening for about 4-5 months now.  Never had this before.  Wondering if it is related to my new high blood pressure and new meds for that which started in Oct? The Nephrologist and GI doc don't have any idea.  Of course, when I actually am seeing them I look great and feel good, but I have described this to them.