Worsening symptoms when pre menstrual

CMT

I suffer with IBS-D. For the last year or so it seems to be under control except when I am pre menstrual. I get severe nausea, tummy cramps, burning in my intestines (not stomach) and diahorrea. I take my normal medication but that doesn't help. For 4 days prior to my period I am so uncomfortable. Not sure if anyone else experiences this and if so, what has provided you with relief, if any?

• 7 months later...

Hi, this happens to me, too, although not to this extent. I found doing some mild exercise helps, such as walking and those office exercises. Don't start when you already feel this coming on. Start a week prior to your period or earlier, keep up with the exercise if you can. I typically take a break the first 3 days or so when my period starts. Then resume after it's over.

There's another trick, if you can take it, that is -- I get some durian fruit and eat some each day about a week before my period starts (or those durian fruit cakes they sell at Costco or South Asian market). I have no scientific explanation, but it helps me. Some of my friends from there told me the durian fruit is very good for women.