Advertisement

Advertisement

Ibs Flare Up.

Advertisement

Hi to all

I had a really bad flare up last night had to change the bedding clean bedroom floor hallway bathroom i ended up using a full pack of imodium instants along with codine and steriods just to stop my ibs i feel a bit better today though not been to the loo yet for a poo but dont know how long i can cope been like this since 2013 which is an awfull long time.

Dolphin500.

Advertisement

@Dolphin500 I am sorry you are feeling so bad. IBS is horrible. Especially as you have had a bad time with it since 2013. I really feel for you.

Can you trace anything that sets off a bad flare-up? Is it certain foods, or stress, for example? Or does it just happen anyway, randomly? If you can trace any foods, then it;s best to stay away from that food completely. Do you have help from a doctor? I know how hard it can be in the UK right now to actually get to speak to a doctor, never mind visit one! But they do owe you a duty of care. It's really unfair to be diagnosed with IBS, then sent off to do our own thing, as if it's "only IBS", because the symptoms are debilitating.

Have the flare ups got worse over time, or still the same? If worse, then your doctor does need to help and suggest some kind of thing to hopefully help, apart from constipating you with immodium and codeine.

If you were prescribed steroids (and I can imagine those are prescription only)....then it rather sounds like inflammation was suspected?

• Thanks 1

Hi   Esjie

I was perscribed Steriods for asthma the hospital says i dont have but another lung condition i dont know what its called.

I had to take the steriods as its the onlu thing that stops this awful condition 

Finding it really hard to loose weight.

Which is really depressing.

I am going out for an 18th birthday tommorow so dont know what i will be like!!!!!!

Will let you know when i am home.

Dolphin500.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Esjie,

Hi hope you are ok 

I have a telephone appointment on the 25th of November so will post afterwards with what they decide to do

Dont feel too bad at the minuet hope everyone else is ok.

Dolphin500.