IBS and Vitamin D

Java

Hello guys,

I just wanted to share that I have already 3 weeks taking 1 vitamine D pill of 1000IU per day and my IBS-D problems are gone. On this period I have consumed foods that usually triggers my bowel (not abusing with the amount) and no problems at all (even no gas in my bowel).

Jeffrey Roberts
36 minutes ago, Java said:

Hello guys,

I just wanted to share that I have already 3 weeks taking 1 vitamine D pill of 1000IU per day and my IBS-D problems are gone. On this period I have consumed foods that usually triggers my bowel (not abusing with the amount) and no problems at all (even no gas in my bowel).

There has been some research surrounding Vitamin D to treat IBS, but the research is old. You can read about it here: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/nmo.12851

Posted (edited)

I think people having IBS have a reactive bowel against "dirty" foods and since vitamine D increase the immunity sistem it also improve the ability of bowel to absorbe "dirty" foods that might have bacteria in it. When I say "dirty" I mean also fabricated foods which have a lot of chimical things that maks foods a lot more resistant against time. For example I have often problems with fabricated dairy foods but I had some experiences having bio dairy foods on villages and I didn't had any problem at all.

Edited by Java