New but not new ^_^

Cherrie

Hello! Glad I found here after 12 years of still on this planet but feeling like been in outer space!

Don't know where to begin... About 15 years ago I was diagnosed with IBS and joined a self help group (I feel like it's not this one, but after 12 long years I've forgotten the website url and my login password, not to mention that my hotmail account I signed up with was closed for zero logging in for a long time). About 12 years ago I went to China due to my husband's temporary work transfer. We stayed there for quite a few years, where I couldn't access my hotmail, but had my daughter there. We came back to the U.S. when she was 1.5 years old. She''s a handful, to put it mildly -- lol actually I still feel like i have 3 kids instead of just 1. And on top of that I found a job that keeps me real busy. We lived a no TV no computer (except strictly for work for adults) life until the pandemic happened when even elementary school went exclusively online. My IBS seemed to be in "remission" during this entire time, although I've always had a weak stomach with mild diarrhea/pain once in a while. Anyhow I've been spinning busy, too busy that I even forgot I had IBS...

Then recently we went on a trip -- that's our 1st trip to anywhere ever since the pandemic happened 2 years ago, I forgot that I was lactose intolerant and enjoyed an ice cream without taking Lactaid... then I really regretted it. It brought on a huge flare up. A few weeks after that, all 3 of us caught a bug that daughter brought from school. I had mild fever/nasal congestion and took a Covid test, which came back negative (she recovered sooner than she could get tested), and recovered a week later. However, ever since then, I've been having diarrhea, pain, gas, bloating, and acid reflux every single day :(

Then I searched for the self help group that I was once a member but can't remember the url (Having a child and the lack of sleep and all the life-altering changes etc can seriously make a woman's mind so much more foggy! I used to be able to solve the whole entire rubiks cube in 5 min., but now I can't even remember how to do it anymore. I used to think it was so silly of my mom to have forgotten her grade school classmates/friends' names, lo and behold I am unable to remember those myself!)... And I found here! Or re-found here?

Anyways... I see that the founder of this website is Jeffery Roberts (I do remember you, Jeff! You were such a trusted and encouraging online friend those many years ago - it's OK not to remember me lol I've been in outer space for too long - and I was and am still so thankful for all you've been doing!), so I must be on the right website? Its look has changed a lot!  My user name was Cherie back those many years ago... Sorry if I made a double account, really can't remember/recover the password 😅

So after being so verbose... the gist is, I'm baaack! Missed everyone! And I'm really thankful that on a bad day like today, I can come here and not feel alone 🧡

P.S.: I do remember some old online friends and members from back then, Kathleen, Marilyn, Mary, Nikki, Sophie, Flux, Mark, KnotHappy, Aurora, and many others... Missed you all!

Edited by Back2Earth

Jeffrey Roberts

As I was reading this I was thinking, THIS MUST BE CHERIE and it is!!! Gosh, so happy to hear from you. Congratulations on your daughter. Wow!! I knew you would eventually come back from China. We missed you. ❤️

Let me do some magic and try and restore your old account name, etc.. unless of course you would like to be this name. Let me know.

J*

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Roberts said:

As I was reading this I was thinking, THIS MUST BE CHERIE and it is!!! Gosh, so happy to hear from you. Congratulations on your daughter. Wow!! I knew you would eventually come back from China. We missed you. ❤️

Let me do some magic and try and restore your old account name, etc.. unless of course you would like to be this name. Let me know.

J*

Hi, Jeff~ :)

Thank you so much for the welcome msg! 🧡 So glad to be back! Yes, I'd love to have my old username restored, if it's not too much trouble. Oh man I've missed all of you!!

Gotta rush Miss You-know-who to her after school art class. Goodness I've got such a pain in my gut now. Pray for me to get the 1/2 hour drive done without needing the you-know-where. Will come back tomorrow and catch up some more.

Have a good one,

Cherie

2 hours ago, Jeffrey Roberts said:

Name restored as well as your total post count.

Thank you so much!! 😃