Anxiety

bryanwi20937744

Hi I've been struggling with IBS-D for 9years. This condition took me out of my final year of high school and has had me homebound for the past five years rarely leaving the house. I've recently decided to go to college in the fall but my fear and anxiety of social interactions that develop over these past five years is really hindering me in staying committed to go to school this fall. Any advice would be much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Have you spoken with a counselor or another professional that might be able to help with your anxiety? That person will also probably be able to provide you with some strategies for how to manage social interactions in a productive way so that you feel empowered to continue meeting people and getting out of the house. Beyond that, I would very strongly suggest looking into some mind work - mindfulness training, meditation, etc. There are lots of apps that help with this, and that practice will strengthen the mind-body connection, which I think is going to be key here. It has done wonders for me with my own anxiety. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1