Sharing my Symptoms

mmasri6

as diagnosed by my doctor, i do have IBS, and i have stress and anxiety issues. I'm taking no medication so far and i would share my symptoms with you guys because i feel that no one is understanding how bad it feels to have IBS symptoms that pulls anxiety along.

whatever comes first IBS or anxiety brings the other they are linked in my body.

1. nausea
  2. vomiting
  3. extreme fatigue
  4. body pain
  5. big time bloating
  6. passing gasses
  7. feeling cold
  8. face numbness
  9. chest pain
  10. overthinking
  11. observing symptoms
  12. lightheaded
  13. wanting to sleep
  14. on the edge of panicking
  15. not able to sleep all night long
  16. cloud thinking

not all symptoms are present at the time of the attack but i feel almost 90% of them. and to be honest i don't know when do i need a medical care. because I've been living with this for more than 3 years now.

In addition, that some of the symptoms like feeling chills, fatigue, body pain, wanting to sleep sticks with me after the attack for few days (4-6 days).

Jeffrey Roberts

I do agree "whatever comes first" because I'm not personally convinced that anxiety brings on IBS, but rather IBS creates anxiety and then you are in a vicious cycle with gut symptoms. I am sorry you have to live this way.

Your list is rather complete for someone with IBS; however, those symptoms are not directly related to IBS, but rather how each of us feels at one moment or another.

You might benefit from cognitive behavioral therapy or hypnotherapy to try and manage your anxiety which might help a lot of those symptoms.

• 1 month later...

I am new here to and just reading through some posts to see if they (or responses) address some of my concerns before posting something of my own and repeating what others of said (but maybe that's okay).

I appreciate what you say, Jeffrey, about IBS creating anxiety and then it gets in a cycle. I have observed that for myself and it was actually a very helpful insight for me to gain although I'm still figuring out how to deal with it. But realizing that sometimes it was actually my IBS symptoms flaring up first and then anxiety (and depression) that would set in and be hard to get out of until my gut symptoms started subsiding. I seem to also be learning to tell myself the pang I feel at times in my gut is my IBS and not necessarily anxiety that is causing that initially and sometimes that helps keep my anxiety from taking off as much.

• 3 weeks later...
Jeffrey Roberts

Dear Beth Anne, that is exactly how I've been able to get through each "flare" of IBS. I try not to get too far ahead of everything in my head and think to myself that this will pass and I will have a better day in the near future. I have to try and push the anxiety down in my thoughts and think about what I need now to alleviate my symptoms.

• Like 1