Am I IBS ?

Nartan

first of all, I'm sorry about my English.

My problems started two months ago. I couldn't breathe and went to the emergency room.the necessary tests were performed and I was told that I had gas in my stomach.I didn't have any other problems at the beginning. but then I fell on the subject a lot and I was very worried about it.I went to fifteen different doctors, to the hospital at least twenty times. endoscopy and colonoscopy were not performed.the gastroenterology professor said I HAD IBS.Blood tests, secret blood test in gaita, urine test,ultrasonography were performed. everything looks normal.I have pain on the right side of my belly button that sometimes does not go away. it's causing pain all the way up to my kidneys and liver.the doctors said it was gas pain. blood values are normal.My stomach is also bloating. When I have stomach bloating, it's like someone is squeezing my throat.I didn't experience a lot of diarrhea. I have no complaints of constipation. but the poop is soft, sometimes like mud.Sometimes it's normal. the smell is different from usual, but I think it's starting to improve.he's been bothering me all day. I don't eat anything all day in case it bothers me any more. that's why I can't use prescription drugs either.I feel dizzy from time to time. my vitamin b12 is very low. i think it might be related to this.when I have bloating, I feel pain, especially on my right side and up to the kidney.i'm having indigestion problems . I can't digest some things. fruit peels, etc.is it possible to give an idea about my symptoms? I use probiotics. the doctors gave a medicine for gas. he also gave me a drug called pankeroflat to use with food.it contained anti-gas and pancreatic enzymes.i have very severe abdominal rumbling, especially when I lie down on the sofa in the evening. i will become a father in 3 months, I have excitement and stress. I was also experiencing intense stress when these symptoms started.can you tell me your ideas about these symptoms ? do you think IBS

• 1 month later...

I can not comment on the stool. You seem to have semi-diarrhea, while I have severe constipation. However, I can comment on other issues.
Abdominal pain and lower back pain get worse when I lay down. It is also bad when I sleep on my left hand side or my front.
When abdominal pain and cramping are at their worst level, the pain radiates to my lower back and sometimes I feel it in the middle of the back. Many IBS sufferers complain about the same issue.
Like you, I have B12 deficiency. Additionally, I have lower levels of Vitamins D and K2. Improving those may ease the pain or it's duration (I am working on this).
As for medicines, I tried many with little to no effect.
The best solutions for drastically lowering the pain by nearly 70-90% are:
1. Using a hot water bottle, pressed gently against the abdominal area. You can move it's location as the pain itself moves.
2. Eating 'Fenugreek cake'. IN Arabic it's called 'Hilbah Cake'. It's actually a famous Palestinian sweet. Very delicious, light and easy on the stomach. It has many ingredients that help alleviating abdominal pain, back pain, bloating and cramping. I eat approximately 4-6 pieces per day and the pain subsides by 90% and sometimes it simply disappears.
You can google the ingredients and recipe. It is very effective. Since I started to eat it, I stopped taking probiotics or any other prescribed medication.
One last comment, once a day, especially before going to sleep at night, I use a natural compound suppository for pooping. This takes care of any pain, anywhere for at least 4 to 5 hours, sometimes more. The suppository is extremely helpful in ejecting unwanted gases from your system, not just for pooping.
Remember!...the problem with IBS is not in the digestive system. It is in the brain.
I hope these comments were useful for you. Best of luck. Always.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, I apologize for my poor English. My complaints have eased, but they haven't gone away completely. Last Thursday, I had an examination with a professor. The doctor didn't request any tests; instead, he reviewed my previous tests. He mentioned that he didn't think an endoscopy or colonoscopy was necessary, as there didn't seem to be any issues with my stomach based on a computerized tomography scan I had in August. It seems that I experience more symptoms when I feel cold. He suggested that I see the psychiatry department and only prescribed a gas relief medication

Edited by Nartan

I wrote down all the complaints I've been experiencing to not forget and explained everything. I think there is nothing more I can do. I am trying to reassure myself that it is psychological. I hope it gets better soon. I will become a father in a few months, and this situation has been very exhausting for me. I don't want to be like this when my baby arrives.

• 2 weeks later...
Jeffrey Roberts

Have you done any recent traveling or been ill from food? Has anyone suggested examining your stool to make certain that you do not have a parasite or something else like that?

Do not blindly allow your doctors to suggest that this is psychological. Unfortunately, a hospital is not a good place to get a diagnosis. If your symptoms persist you should try and see a gastroenterologist.

Posted (edited)

I examine my stool every day. I haven't seen anything like parasites. I'm not experiencing diarrhea, but my stools are soft. Additionally, I sometimes see undigested food particles. I saw mucus once. Moreover, I've noticed reddish particles a few times. Doctors didn't take it seriously. The smell of my stool is different, and I mentioned it to the doctor, but they didn't find it concerning. I visited well-known doctors who are good at their job, explained all my complaints to them, and the latest doctor advised me not to use anything other than a gas-relieving medication. I stopped using all medications. There is no difference between using the medications and not using them, either during the medication period or now. I feel like the medications have had no effect at all.

Edited by Nartan

Jeffrey Roberts

You would be unable to see a food borne illness looking at your stool. It would need to be examined in a laboratory.

I appreciate that your doctors are very good at their job; however, sometimes things can be missed. The fact that your stool is different could perhaps mean because of an infection or malabsorption.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again. My pains have decreased somewhat, but they haven't completely gone away. I've stopped all medication, but there's no difference between when I was using them and now. A doctor recommended a probiotic called Bactobliss, which he said colonizes in the mouth and then moves to the throat, stomach, and intestines, but I haven't taken it. Meanwhile, I found out I have kidney stones. Last Saturday, I went to the ER with high fever and lower back pain. They took blood and urine samples, did an ultrasound and an abdominal CT scan, but they didn't find any stones. My urologist looked at the results and said there's no problem, and recommended that I use magnesium citrate for my kidneys and muscles. However, online it says that magnesium citrate is effective for constipation-predominant IBS, and I'm not sure how it would affect me since I have soft bowel movements and gas pain. The last gastroenterologist I saw told me to see a psychiatrist. I'm not sure if it's because I shouldn't forget to mention my symptoms, but I'm seriously considering going to psychiatry.

Also, today I had a stool test for Helicobacter pylori and digestion. The results were normal, except that the stool pH was 6 (Reference Range: pH: 6.9 - 7.2). Does anyone have information about this?