IBS-D and lost kilos

Asimina

Hello everyone ...
I have ibs -d (probably) as I also had my gall bladder removed. 
Whether I have diarrhea every day or not, I've lost 2 kilos in a year and I'm trying to gain it, but I can't. 
Does anyone have this? 
 i'm already skinny..

Jeffrey Roberts

I'm well aware of losing weight as a result or because of diarrhea. It's not considered "normal".  I struggle with this too as I am also very skinny.

There doesn't seem to be any magic to gaining weight. Not one answer fits all people in this situation.

The best way to get the most number of calories from foods in order to maintain or gain weight is to work with a Dietitian. They have expert knowledge about how to combine foods and to determine if losing weight is abnormal and needs to be investigated.

55 minutes ago, Jeffrey Roberts said:

I'm well aware of losing weight as a result or because of diarrhea. It's not considered "normal".  I struggle with this too as I am also very skinny.

There doesn't seem to be any magic to gaining weight. Not one answer fits all people in this situation.

The best way to get the most number of calories from foods in order to maintain or gain weight is to work with a Dietitian. They have expert knowledge about how to combine foods and to determine if losing weight is abnormal and needs to be investigated.

yes, in theory it is not considered normal, 
but if you have diarrhea every day or have issues with the intestine in general, ibs, etc.
I don't find it very unreasonable.
How much weight have you lost?

Jeffrey Roberts

Actually, losing weight is a red flag and could mean that the doctors have to look for another cause. While people have diarrhea with IBS, they generally don't lose weight, but rather maintain their weight.

My weight is around 58.5 Kg. I am 1.75m tall.