I'm irritable

bigbadjim

Double whammy.  After a week of so of constipation with minimal, hard stool, my gut hurts. Gurgling and gas is all that happens.  During the same time frame, I have a bad cough. Trying to get phlegm up, my belly muscles hurt too.   To get even minimal periods of sleep, I'm taking a codeine cough syrup amplifies the constipation.  Several glasses of Miralax or stool softeners haven't helped. Giving myself an enema is next to impossible due to my size.  

What I need is a gentle nurse with a well lubricated fire hose. 

Today, I plan to take a couple Dulcolax tablets followed by a gallon of Crystal lite mixed with a a big bottle of Miralax and start drinking 10 oz glasses every 15 minutes until I explode.  If you ever had a colonoscopy, this is the preparation to clean house but I'm just cleaning house, noit having the scope.  

Good or bad idea? 

I will admit that I haven't posted in awhile, but this post caught my attention. I also try to make my pain amusing just to help myself and others feel better.  The plan sounds utterly painful, but I've done some things like that myself. My favorite over the counter remedy is smooth move tea.  Wait several hours after dinner to have it. In the morning stay inside till you can figure out the timing. 

I actually been using it with Motegrity in the morning since most of the drugs available now either do not work on their own or I can't stand the side effects.  Motegrity will speed  up the tea. 

My favorite one and done (staying in the house of course) is Mag Citrate in the bottle if that is available. Another thing I heard is suppose to work is vitamin C powder in the A.M with lots of water on an empty stomach.  I have never tried that myself.  

Hope you feel better!

Jeffrey Roberts
On 12/29/2023 at 11:29 AM, bigbadjim said:

Double whammy.  After a week of so of constipation with minimal, hard stool, my gut hurts. Gurgling and gas is all that happens.  During the same time frame, I have a bad cough. Trying to get phlegm up, my belly muscles hurt too.   To get even minimal periods of sleep, I'm taking a codeine cough syrup amplifies the constipation.  Several glasses of Miralax or stool softeners haven't helped. Giving myself an enema is next to impossible due to my size.  

What I need is a gentle nurse with a well lubricated fire hose. 

Today, I plan to take a couple Dulcolax tablets followed by a gallon of Crystal lite mixed with a a big bottle of Miralax and start drinking 10 oz glasses every 15 minutes until I explode.  If you ever had a colonoscopy, this is the preparation to clean house but I'm just cleaning house, noit having the scope.  

Good or bad idea? 

Sometimes we have to do what we have to do; although I have to say a big bottle of miralax is like a prep.

If you truly think that you are having narcotic constipation there are medications specifically for that. naloxegol and naldemedine are both approved for treatment opioid-induced constipation.

Jeffrey Roberts
On 12/29/2023 at 6:19 PM, Miki said:

My favorite one and done (staying in the house of course) is Mag Citrate in the bottle if that is available. Another thing I heard is suppose to work is vitamin C powder in the A.M with lots of water on an empty stomach.  I have never tried that myself.  

Hope you feel better!

I find mag citrate utterly horrid. I am utterly gutted when someone prescribed this for me as a scope prep.