Cant find the cure to my IBS+C

Keith

I was diagnosed with IBS+C in 2005 after they took my gal bladder out and said it is not needed. I have tried just about everything from ginger to digestive enzymes to ibs complete and nothing has worked. This last week was so bad the I could keep anything down for 5 days and finally had to go to ER to get iv bag as I was dehydrated and cramping at all of my muscles. Fever fir 2 days and ūüėóI have never got a fever before. ¬†Never had it that long. Usually 1 to 2 days. The way I have been treating it is to take liquid docolax to flush me out and lots of water and then power thru it waiting it to pass then more water and some gatorade zero. But this last time it did not work and took 4 days to pass. And when it did I could not flush it out as I kept throwing up plain room temperature water. Thats when I went to ER. Lower back pain, belly ache with gas, cramps in stomach, fatigue, fever. It more felt like food poisoning. As after the IV,pain meds and nausea medicine I could keep water down. But it felt like a bad hangover except for the headache. But equal librium was off and nausea came back and felt still bad. After two days of flushing I finally am feeling better. ¬†Last meal was chicken and rice. Rice is usually good for IBS but maybe I got some uncooked or old rice. Like a bacteria infection. So Here is my question‚Ķ.has anyone found a cure where it has simple turned your life better?? . I hate to even eat anymore and quality of life for past 18 years have diminished. I watch everything I eat and dont drink or smoke. I stay away from all the foods that trigger 98% of the time. Tired of the yorgurt,jello,bannanas,soft foods. If I eat anything that is hard to digest I have issues. No Pizza,no spaghetti,no pasta, no coffee, no alcohol, not spicy anything. I eat smaller meals and less of them. Sometime 1/2 meal a day and a few healthy snacks. I find I have issues with meat and rice. I am 60 so I really don't exercise to often (also have a fused neck in four places which keeps from overdoing it)¬†

Been trying all what everyone has told me with no luck yet. Also as I get older it seemed to increase episodes. 

Help!!! 

Jeffrey Roberts

Dear Keith,

That's not good that your diet is so limited. I used to think that I was get having food poisoning so many times. It was more like IBS-like symptoms vs infection.

I think it is unusual to have IBS-C after gallbladder removed. People tend to have diarrhea because of too much bile acid being released.

Have you spoken to your doctor about the medications for IBS-C? There are 4 available right now and they are all work differently.

Miralax , metamucil , and eat more fiber. That is all they tell me. I asked for linzess but said that is not on there list of drugs/remedy to offer. 

Keith