Has anyone else experienced this?

C.S.

I was diagnosed with spastic colon...IBS over ten years ago. I take two Immodium every morning. Sometimes doesn't seem like it works well but I can definitely tell the difference if I don't take it. Sometimes I can literally be fine one minute and the next have cramps and pain and am running for the bathroom. I never know when it might hit me. Sometimes I can eat something and no problems. Other times I can eat the same thing and running for the bathroom.  Lately it's to the point where I just don't want to eat anything at all. Has anyone experienced these same issues and what have you tried that has helped or at least made it more bearable to deal with?

Jeffrey Roberts

My IBS is certainly unpredictable like this.

Is this new unpredictability new for you? Do you mind sharing your age? >45 years old?

Have you spoken to your doctor about this as there are a couple of medications that might offer a different way of living than with Imodium.

On 1/27/2024 at 1:11 PM, Jeffrey Roberts said:

My IBS is certainly unpredictable like this.

Is this new unpredictability new for you? Do you mind sharing your age? >45 years old?

Have you spoken to your doctor about this as there are a couple of medications that might offer a different way of living than with Imodium.

No been going on for a while now, but does seem to have gotten a little worse. I am 55 years old. And i have not spoken to my doctor about other medications.

Jeffrey Roberts

I think the first step is to speak to a doctor. It's likely just more of the same, but changes or symptoms above the age of 45 really should be investigated.