It’s a daily grind:(

Yvonne

hi everyone, I’m new to this group. I started having problems 4yrs ago. The doctors gave me many tests over the years and keep telling me it’s IBS-c. It never goes away but cycles through symptoms. I’ve tried everything and now take laxatives 2x a day and try to walk lots. Heat helps but sometimes the pain is so bad. Mornings and evenings are the worst with burping and cramps. The pain recently went from my right side to upper stomach with my tongue feeling numb sometimes. I am waiting for another throat scope to make sure everything is okay. I’m going through menopause also and have been having issues there so they put me on hormone therapy too. I get exhausted from even a small visit with family, it makes me want to cry:( I just keep rolling with the punches, I’m not myself anymore…

Jeffrey Roberts

Hello Yvonne and welcome,

I'm sorry that you are struggling. I also say "roll with the punches".

Menopause also adds its own sort of discomfort and issues.

When you say doctors keep giving you tests, I assume you mean other than your primary care physician? Has anybody suggested Ibsrela, a new medication for IBS-C?

Going from normal to having to focus everyday on your gut is not what we all envisioned for life. We're here to listen and help you get through each day.

I was seeing a gastroenterologist and he told me there was nothing else to do and wouldn’t take me as his patient any longer. I was pretty disappointed so now I’m getting help from my family doctor.

I’ve never been offered that medication.

Jeffrey Roberts

That's miserable that the GI doctor didn't want to see you anymore. Clearly they weren't the right one for you.

Thank goodness for your family doctor. Your family doctor can certainly try different medications.

In Canada the following are available for IBS-C. There are lots of choices. Constella is the most widely used. Ibsrela is new and different.

Constella

Ibsrela

Trulance

Amitiza

Resotran (indicated for chronic constipation, but has been used for IBS-C)

16 minutes ago, Jeffrey Roberts said:

That's miserable that the GI doctor didn't want to see you anymore. Clearly they weren't the right one for you.

Thank goodness for your family doctor. Your family doctor can certainly try different medications.

In Canada the following are available for IBS-C. There are lots of choices. Constella is the most widely used. Ibsrela is new and different.

Constella

Ibsrela

Trulance

Amitiza

Resotran (indicated for chronic constipation, but has been used for IBS-C)

Thanks, I’ll pass this on to the doctor. I’ve tried some meds but nothing worked.

Part of the problem is that my  twisted bowels won’t let anything pass. That’s why I take restoralax 2x a day

Jeffrey Roberts

No worries. 🙂

Well, your family doctor has lots of things to try now. I hope that you can try something new other than being on restorLAX 2x per day.