Daily?

JohnKantGo

I suffered for quite awhile before realizing that IBS had sub names. My Family Practice MD started me on Linzess 145 mcg, and there was less straining and better BM’s, however I had to block off 4-5 hours on the mornings I took the medication. I began taking it every other day and sometimes every third day, if I needed to attend to something two mornings in a row. So I started researching if you took a daily dose, maybe the TOT (time on toilet) would decrease to something more of a “normal” BM. I found out that I should be taking the higher dose (290 mcg) which I will take care of at my next appointment. But I haven’t found anything about daily vs every other day and reducing the TOT. I have been guilty of not drinking enough water in the morning, but other than that and the every other day dosing, I remain home bound on my Linzess days. Anyone have experience of going from every other day to daily? Or any advice that could help? Thank you so much. 

Jeffrey Roberts

Hello,

Your story sounds familiar as many people have said that they had to play with the dosage to find what is right for them.

There was a posting about taking it on an empty stomach, with a meal, morning or night and the effects that it has. You might search for that.

The good news is that it sounds like you are on the right track.