Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)

Bluez

Has anyone notice they constantly get the Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) bacteria? I notice I get this a lot. Anyone heard of a correlation between the two?  I have had IBS with constipation and without. I had this since I was 13 and I am now 46.   I never really understood what causes it and all the meds do not relieve my symptoms. They just cause sometimes painful side effects. 

Jeffrey Roberts

Hello and welcome,

There is no correlation that I am aware of between an H. pylori infection and IBS.

Can I ask which meds have you tried for your constipation?

I have tried linzess.I remembered that cause severe cramping. I can’t remember the other ones. It was so long ago. I stop taking those meds.  I just live with the constipation.  I also  do over the counter stool softeners, miralax’ enemas and stuff like that.  I can say it is better than the other problem I had when I was younger where I had accidents and needed to know where a bathroom was or I would freak out.  

Jeffrey Roberts

Just so you are aware, there are different treatment options available now if you ever want to speak to your doctor about that.