Fried food specifically potato products such as chips

adviceman

Been told years ago I have ibs however recently I've had so much constipation specifically when I was abroad which caused me to have a course of cosmicol. I've noticed that when I have potato products such a crisps or very much so -chips like from the chippy or mcdonalds my ibs drastically changes. I have the odd very pale stool followed by a mix of solid and diarhea and alot of mucus. I can only describe the mucus as the bow of the titanic now all furry . Is anyone else having similar. Constant regurgitating feeling in stomach

Edited by adviceman
New info

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that there is no rhyme or reason as to why we could flare ups. It seems to be no matter what we eat  or avoid it’s always the same story. 

I agree.  Dr. Barbara O'Neill PhD has a video on YT & TT & recommends slippery elm & aloe vera for IBS.  I am going to try. Who knows it may help.  You can Google her. I was impressed by her knowledge & advice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Jeffrey Roberts
On 6/27/2024 at 12:05 PM, diko said:

I agree.  Dr. Barbara O'Neill PhD has a video on YT & TT & recommends slippery elm & aloe vera for IBS.  I am going to try. Who knows it may help.  You can Google her. I was impressed by her knowledge & advice.

FYI: Slippery elm nor aloe vera have ever been involved in a peer-reviewed research study related to IBS. There are a lot of anecdotal treatments that just haven't been throughly evaluated.