Linzess

I have been on linzess for 8 days sometimes it’s a lot of small short poop. I have had one long poop and now I am having green balls. I have IBS-C for years before doctors knew you could have IBS with constipation only li has X-ray showed no blockage so now I’m waiting on approval for cat scan kind of worried about everything 

Jeffrey Roberts

Dear Kermit,

An x-ray isn't the most helpful for constipation. You kind of know when you are constipated. A CT scan with contrast will at least show slow transit.

There are other medications for IBS-C if adjusting to linzess doesn't work well for you in the long run.

On 7/8/2024 at 8:05 AM, kermit said:

I have been on linzess for 8 days sometimes it’s a lot of small short poop. I have had one long poop and now I am having green balls. I have IBS-C for years before doctors knew you could have IBS with constipation only li has X-ray showed no blockage so now I’m waiting on approval for cat scan kind of worried about everything 

Green balls?  You mean gallstones?  Do they look like greenish yellowish pebbles?  You may need to get your gallbladder out BUT do your do diligence in researching that option before making your decision.  I was passing them for a long most of '23 (couldn't even work that whole year).  It was successful for me in relieving most of my symptoms (muscle tightness, a group of very strange headaches (one was my constant "roaming headache" that just moved across my brain for 2 years, and a sharp pain in the back of the head), tingling, and what seemed like nerve pain.  I hope you find answers.  I hope we all do but it doesn't seem like any doctors are taking this condition seriously.

On 7/9/2024 at 12:58 PM, Billy said:

Green balls?  You mean gallstones?  Do they look like greenish yellowish pebbles?  You may need to get your gallbladder out BUT do your do diligence in researching that option before making your decision.  I was passing them for a long most of '23 (couldn't even work that whole year).  It was successful for me in relieving most of my symptoms (muscle tightness, a group of very strange headaches (one was my constant "roaming headache" that just moved across my brain for 2 years, and a sharp pain in the back of the head), tingling, and what seemed like nerve pain.  I hope you find answers.  I hope we all do but it doesn't seem like any doctors are taking this condition seriously.

On 7/9/2024 at 11:03 AM, Jeffrey Roberts said:

Dear Kermit,

An x-ray isn't the most helpful for constipation. You kind of know when you are constipated. A CT scan with contrast will at least show slow transit.

There are other medications for IBS-C if adjusting to linzess doesn't work well for you in the long run.

I had a CAT scan it did not show anything wrong with organs nothing remarkable. I have been on Linzess for 15 days still having hard lumpy stools. I need something else the Linzess  is not enough to empty my bowels. I’m glad moth8ng is seriously wrong in there. I need to have a complete bowel movement at some point 

Jeffrey Roberts

Glad the CT scan was normal. If the Linzess is not doing the trick then there are several other IBS-C meds that you could talk to your doctor about.

• Ibsrela
  • Amitiza
  • Trulance
  • Motegrity