Advertisement

Advertisement

Discomfort in lower left side ( large colon )

Advertisement

I have had IBS most of my life. Constipation was always an issue. Food strongly affect me. I am turning 50 in two months and I am having a colonoscopy for the first time in February 2019. After I eat and my stomach is full… I experience pressure and pinching on my left side in the sigmoid colon area. Does anyone else with IBS have the same symptoms?

Advertisement

Jeffrey Roberts

You are describing a very common symptom of someone who has IBS, namely an amplified gastric colonic response in that area; however, it could also be a host of other issues too. I think it is worthwhile to have the colonoscopy, especially, because you are turning 50. That will hopefully identify if there is anything else going on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/17/2018 at 9:28 PM, Gina said:

I have had IBS most of my life. Constipation was always an issue. Food strongly affect me. I am turning 50 in two months and I am having a colonoscopy for the first time in February 2019. After I eat and my stomach is full… I experience pressure and pinching on my left side in the sigmoid colon area. Does anyone else with IBS have the same symptoms?

I get that all the time some times it's like this sharp pain that comes for like a second then dies down and then comes again its as if someone is throwing a ball at the wall when it hits the wall it's like the pain hitting your left side of your stomach. and then the pressure with it is so uncomfortable  constipation was always an issue for me to even when i was a kid iv bin recently diagnosed and literally have the same symptoms your talking about 

Edited by monica224

• 3 weeks later...