Advertisement

Advertisement
Jeffrey Roberts

Tina (Lynn) - January 29, 2000

Jeffrey Roberts

*****************************A very dear friend of mine, *Lynn*, whom some of you know and may remember, and to those who did not have thejoy of her company here on Jeff's Board, please bear with me, I wanted to share with you all this very sad and memorable news... and to add our prayers to the family she had to leave behind, 3 young children, Bobbie Sue, Caleb & Isaiah and her devoted husband Kirk. Tina Lynn or *Lynn* as she was known on the BB died on January 29, 2000 from a recurrent bout of cancer at the age of 40. We met her here in January 1999. Like us, Lynn had ibs which was compounded by cancer. With enormous inspiration, strength, Love & support she gave freely to myself and so many others on the BB amidst her own fight against cancer. I wish you all couldve known her as I, Sweet Bettie, Joe, Jeff, Rose, Phyllis, Karen, Jen, Jenni, Missycat, Flux and others have, before she disconnected from the BB/Internet due to crippling deadly Cancer.Months before she died, in her own words she wrote the foll. email excerpt attached in next post to help me to understand Life and Cancer better which I would like to share with all of you. Thank you for your warm thoughts and prayers in her memory. I'd like to mail a copy of this thread to her family after any of you have replied to this post. This BB was also her second home. We've all made great friendships here. I will miss her very much. Peace & Love to everyone. Lisa K.*****************************

Lynn's words of Inspiration******************************** Cancer is not an easy thing to hear that you have or that a dear friend has. I think that was one of the hardest things for me when I first found out I had cancer. People treated me like I was made of glass. They were afraid to say anything that might upset me or even to say the word "cancer". And heaven forbid that they should just come right out and address the issue; "They didn't want me to die". I just wished they would say what they felt. When my dad got cancer, we knew they couldn't help him. It had gone too far. I had to sit down and tell him that I would miss him and that I loved him very much. I had to come right out and say, " Dad, I don't want you to die". It was one of the hardest things I ever said to him, but it needed to be said. But we hugged and cried together and he knew that he made a difference in my life. Other than that there really isn't much else you can do. You know that I believe in prayer, If there is no hope of recovery, then pray for an easy passage from this life. Only God can give the comfort and peace through what lies ahead.Psalm 55:22 says "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee:" ******************************** 

Advertisement

Advertisement